Being a mom is full of wonder and surprise! Its a beautiful, rewarding experience that I wouldn’t trade for anything. It is challenging everyday. One of the challenges that i have found is to try to solve these 11 Great Mysteries of Motherhood.
These are some of the mysteries of motherhood that have left me confused and speechless wondering How, Why or When they managed to do those things!
11 Great Mysteries of Motherhood:
- How is it possible to love anyone as much as a mother loves her children? I always knew I wanted to be a mom and I always knew I would love my children, but when they baby grabs your finger, that toddler gives you a sweet sticky kiss, that child falls asleep in your arms, or that teenager gets her heart broken, it feels like your heart couldn’t possibly be big enough to hold as much love as you feel.
- Why do the days seem so long but the years seem so short? This is one of the great mysteries of motherhood! As a mom, there are days that seem to go on forever, but when you look at your child, the years always seem to have flown by.
- How do they get toothpaste on the back of their head? This has happened to my kids more than once and, before you think that one of their siblings did it, they were in brushing their teeth alone. The really puzzling part is that they are always surprised that it’s there. How?
- Why are the shoes always on the wrong feet? Really though. My kids all seemed to do this and my son with disabilities still does this. I realize young kids can put their shoes on wrong sometimes but this is consistent. EVERY TIME. Why?
- Why do they only want to play with the toy their brother has? They can have 15 toys out around them but they only want the one their brother has. If he starts playing with something esle, do they play with the other toy? No, now they need the brother’s new toy!
- Why will they eat rocks, boogers, and anything off the floor but the thought of eating a sandwich cut into squares instead of triangles makes them think they are going to die? I mean really, in what world does a booger sound more appetizing than anything? Gross!
- How do they always know when you go into the bathroom? They can be happily playing outside or watching a movie and I couldn’t get their attention if you tried, but go into the bathroom and all of the sudden they need your immediate attention.
- Why is the box always more interesting than the present that comes in it? Really, I think all children under 3 should just get wrapped empty boxes for every holiday so we can all be happy.
- Where do all of those barrettes, hair ties, and hair clips go? It is not an exaggeration to say that I have purchased more than 2,000 hair ties, clips, and barrettes over the last 10 years, (I buy the hair ties in groups of 100) but I currently have 12. Where do they go? Is there a huge pile of them somewhere just waiting to be found after all the girls have left home?
- Who broke the glass? OK, actually who broke the glass, left the hammer out in the garden, ate all the candy and left wrappers on the lawn, etc etc? Either there is a ghost trying to frame my kids or they are the best I know at sticking to their stories and covering for eachother.
- When did vampires stop being scary and start being dreamy? I remember vampires being monsters that were out of my nightmares. Now my daughters argue about whether the vampire or the ware wolf is the most attractive.