It’s winter break from school where I live and I am one of those moms who loves having my kids home! I love spending time with them but I don’t want them to spend the whole week vegging in front of the TV or phone. So I try to plan some activities for us to do as a family and provide some activities for them to do themselves. If you are looking for some activities to keep kids busy this winter break, here is what we plan to do.
5 Activities To Keep Kids Busy This Winter Break:
- Have a Read-In – Everyone brings blankets and pillows into the family room along with a book they want to read. We all take the first few minutes to tell each other what we are reading and then we read our books. I have snacks for them to eat when they want. We read together for bout an hour and at the end I read them some of their favorite books from when they were little.
- Play board games and other games together – My family loves playing board games together and winter break when it’s a brisk 18 degrees it is a perfect way to keep kids busy. If you need some games to play together as a family check out this post on family board games on sale.
- Make a family collage – I love this activity. You get a roll of butcher paper and lay it across a table. You let each member of the family draw on part of the collage. You can choose one picture and have each member draw a part of it or you can let everyone draw whatever they want. The end product is always so fun.
- Have a Willy Wonka night – This is a winter break tradition for my family. We get out a lot of candy and cookies and other treats and we snuggle up to watch the original Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory. We don’t ever eat very much of the junk food but it’s fun to have it all available.
- Have a craft party – My kids love to do crafts but they tend to get more involved when I suggest a specific craft. We do toilet paper roll animals, pom pom animals, paper crafts, and lots of others. I like to keep a lot of craft supplies around because it’s a great way to keep kids busy and let their imaginations soar.
*Frugal Mom of 8 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.