I love essential oils and I often recommend them to my friends and family. I usually recommend a specific treatment for a specific problem like our Car Sick Roller that we love for to help kids who get car sick on road trips. But when my friends and family see how well they work, they want to use more essential oils. Unfortunately, starting to use essential oils can feel overwhelming. Everyone’s needs are different but if you are just starting to use Essential Oils, these 6 Essential Oils are great to start with.
6 Essential Oils to Start You on Your Essential Oil Journey:
- Lemon Essential Oil Benefits – Lemon is useful for it’s citrus fragrance that helps to awaken and create a happy feeling. Lemon essential oil helps to combat anxiety and depression. Lemon is good for digestive problems, sore throat, and cough. Diffuse Lemon essential oil or place some Lemon essential oil on a tissue and breathe in to help relieve coughs. For warts “Place 1 drop Lemon on the wart, re-applying 2-3 times daily for the first three days. After three days, make a mixture of 1 drop Lemon and 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil, applying 2-3 times daily until the wart is gone. For best results and to prevent phototoxicity, cover with a bandage after applying the mixture” (From Eden’s Garden)
- Lavender Essential Oil Benefits – Lavender is very popular for it’s soothing and refreshing qualities. Lavender is effective in relieving stress for those feeling agitated or stressed. Just slowly breathing in Lavender’s scent either through a diffuser or other means can help you feel more calm and relaxed. This is very useful at night to help you get ready to go to sleep, try adding some lavender essential oil to your bath at night to help you feel calm and relaxed. Lavender essential is highly valued to be used in lotions and other beauty products due to it’s calming properties.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil Benefits – Tea Tree is a very useful essential oil and often regarded as the one essential oil you should not be without. Tea Tree essential oil is great for fungal infections (toe fungus, athletes foot, yeast infections etc) and naturally heals the skin. It is good for achne, dandruff, and burns. Tea Tree essential oils has anti-infectious, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. Tea Tree is good for the immune system and respiratory system.
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil Benefits– Sweet Orange Essential Oil has sweet citrus scent. Orange Essential Oil is uplifting and helps to calm and regulate mood. It is highly regarded for it’s use in cleaning products because it is effective against grease and bacteria.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil Benefits – Eucalyptus Essential oil helps with breathing. Just add Eucalyptus to your shower and the steam helps the Eucalyptus clear out your air passageways. Eucalyptus essential oil is highly prized in cleaning products.
- Peppermint Essential Oil Benefits – Peppermint Essential Oil is strong and you should not apply it undiluted to the skin without testing a very small area for intolerance. Peppermint Essential Oil stimulates the mind and is great for helping you focus at work or school. Peppermint is useful to combat sadness or depression. Peppermint helps fight headaches and muscle aches, and can help clear the airway.
I love these essential oils and they are really good ones to start with to begin enjoying the essential oil benefits. I also recommend these blends that are effective in treating specific needs: