These inexpensive Halloween costume essentials are the essentials all moms need to create different amazing Halloween costumes every year for under $5! As a mom of 8 kids, I have bought a lot of Halloween costumes over the years! My kids love to dress up. They always want to be something different each year. It would be easy to pay a fortune every year but that isn’t an option so I learned to get creative.
Top 5 Places to Find Inexpensive Halloween Costume Essentials:
- The Dollar Store: Dollar Tree has a lot of Halloween costume essentials for only $1.00! You can find everything from Halloween make-up, wigs, witches’ hats, capes, cat ears, ninja masks and much more. If you need that little something extra to make your costume just right, don’t go to the department store and spend too much, you can get it all for just a dollar at my favorite dollar store. And did you know you can order from DollarTree.com on line and have it shipped to you or ship it to your local Dollar Tree Store for FREE*!
- The Thrift Store – Thrift stores are a treasure chest of clothes, uniforms, accessories and more to make your Halloween costume perfect! The things you find at the thrift store are not just less expensive, they are also more accurate than the costumes you can buy at costume shops or department stores!
- Raid your closet – If you are like most people, you have some old clothes from another era, or that outfit that looks more like a costume buried in the back of your closet. Get those out and show your kids what they would have looked like if they went to school with you! My daughters love to dress up as people from other decades. The 80’s, 70’s ad 40’s are their favorites so far. I think they look pretty convincing!
- Old Costumes – Your kids may not want to be the same thing they were last year, but you can use the vampire cape from last year and make it a wizards cape this year with just a little bit of fabric paint. Get creative and try looking at them from a different perspective.
- Shop the after Halloween clearance sales – Halloween costumes are super inexpensive after Halloween. Buy next year’s costume this year after Halloween when you can get them for up to 90% off. Make this really work by staying away from trendy costumes and stick with timeless.
With a little bit of creativity and a small amount of money, you can create a Halloween costume that your kids will love when you find your inexpensive Halloween costume essentials at my favorite places!
*This post contains affiliate links but all of the opinions expressed are genuine.