I love to involve my kids in my blog. My blog is better and my family is closer when I make blogging time family time. I’m a mommy blogger. I love that title because it puts my priorities in the right order. I am a mom first and a blogger second. If being a blogger took away from my time with my kids I wouldn’t blog. Fortunately for me, my kids are super helpful on my blog and they love to help. We have to make blogging time family time and it helps them while they are helping me.
10 Reasons Why You Should Make Blogging Time Family Time:
- Instead of taking time away from your kids, blogging together is family time together – Involving my kids in my blog means I don’t have to choose between spend time with them or working on my blog. I always look for jobs that don’t take away from my family and blogging is perfect for that.
- Our kids have different talents and interests than we do – With 8 very different kids, I know better than most that different kids have different talents and points of views. Those things make them the perfect team members to help inspire you and make your blog better.
- Our kids can help us brainstorm – Use those talents and interests our ids have to work together to come up with blog post ideas.
- See things from a different point of view – Our kids see the world differently than we do. It’s good for bloggers to look at life from a new perspective sometimes and involving our kids in blogging is a great way to do that.
- Get to know things about your kids you might not know – Through my blog I have been able to have conversations and get to know things about my kids that I am so glad about. Things like talents, insecurities, favorite things etc are much easier for us to talk about in the context of blog post ideas.
- Our kids get to see us work through challenges – Blogging can be challenging and whether we are struggling to meet deadlines, working through writer’s block, or dealing with mean comments, it is good for our kids to see how we handle these things. It makes us much more credible when we give advice.
- Blogging helps kids develop important skills – I think every mom and especially every home school mom should be a blogger! There are opportunities to learn skills in fun and engaging ways that are hard to find anywhere else. I will be writing a follow up post on the great learning opportunities for kids in blogging but for one, book reports are not nearly as fun as book reviews for a post!
- Blogging makes doing hard things more fun – Not sure why but getting my kids to help with things like yard work is much easier if they know I will be writing a post.
- Blogging provides a good excuse to have fun family adventures – Blog posts about fun family activities are great so they make great excuses to do more fun family adventures!
- The most important reason to make blogging time family time is that we get to spend time with our kids!
I have loved spending time with my kids as we work together on this blog. I am grateful for the fun moments and learning opportunities it provides. I am curious to hear if other bloggers make blogging time family time.