These Mexican Crepes are a new family favorite! My husband lived in France for 2 years so we make a lot of crepes in our family. We love them!
Normally we make sweet crepes for breakfast, but we have also made savory crepes with delicious sauces. We have crepes about once a week or more. Thank goodness for our crepe maker. It makes it so much easier to get perfect crepes!
My beautiful niece was married recently and they had crepes for refreshments at the reception. It was a fun and delicious idea! Everyone loved it especially my family. They had a lot of crepes left over so we went home with a box of crepes. It was a great opportunity to try some new recipes.
These Mexican Crepes were my daughter’s idea and they were a big hit with the whole family!
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 eggs
Filling and Topping Ingredients:
- 1 lb Hamburger
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- 1 Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 lb Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Can Rotelle Tomatoes
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- Sour Crean
- Hot Sauce
- Combine all crepe ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into a well greased frying pan and roll the pan around so that the batter covers the entire pan.
- Cook Crepe for 2 minutes on each side or until brown.
- To make things easier use this crepe maker that my family loves.
- In a separate frying pan, cook hamburger, diced onions, diced peppers, and sliced mushrooms until hamburger is brown.
- Drain the hamburger grease and add Rotelle tomatoes to the pan and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Fill Crepe with hamburger mixture and cheese.
- Roll the crepe and top with sour cream, and salsa (optionally add hot sauce)
The Mexican Crepes are a mix between a crepe and a burrito. The texture of the crepe gives a new dimension to the traditional burrito that gets the approval from my whole family!