What if someone would pay you to go out with your family? Wouldn’t that be the perfect job? It really is and it’s real! I have been a mystery shopper off and on for years and it is the best job! When you are mystery shopping, you get paid to go out to eat, go shopping, and go on adventures with your family!
I did a lot of mystery shopping about 15 years ago and I loved it. I stopped doing it when we moved out of state for my husband’s school and I got busy and forgot about it until my step mom asked me about reputable companies. After my father passed away last year she needs to find a way to make a couple hundred dollars a month and she thought mystery shopping would be a fun way to do it.
Of course I told her that mystery shopping is great and she will enjoy it. I also warned her to be careful. Unfortunately not all mystery shopping companies are legitimate. I did some research and decided to sign up with Shadow Shopper. Shadow Shopper is a company that helps mystery shopping companies find shoppers that meet their needs. I signed up and got 4 mystery shopping jobs in my first day. (I didn’t schedule them all in one day and I don’t recommend doing that if you are a new mystery shopper.)
Some things to know before signing up with a mystery shopping company:
- Reputable companies WILL NOT ask you to pay to do shops. Most companies offer a premium membership where you can get more shop opportunities, this money is optional. However, they will not make you pay them a finders fee or anything like that to be able to go on a shop.
- Reputable companies will not solicit mystery shoppers through spam emails.
- You will be asked for your social security number. As a mystery shopper you are an independent contractor with the company so they need that information in order to pay you. However you can go on shops without giving your social security number. I strongly recommend going on several shops with the company before you give that information.
- Make sure you meet their requirements. It is important to be honest in your application. There are a lot of mystery shopping companies so there will be one or more that is looking for you.
- Remember it’s not all fun and games. Mystery shopping is fun but there is also work. You need to be able to meet deadlines and follow instructions or you won’t get paid.
As a mystery shopper I have gotten paid to make phone calls to ask stores about their services, go shopping at my favorite stores, have dinner out with my husband, and go to fun family activities with my whole family. If you are looking for a fun way to earn some extra money, I recommend becoming a mystery shopper through Shadow Shopper. I trust them and use them myself.