It’s that time of year at our house and everyone seems to have a cold. My oldest son can’t take cold or flu medicine because they can cause him to have more seizures. So when he gets a cold I use essential oils for colds. I am so grateful that I can help him feel better without having to worry about dangerous side effects. This time of year I am using essential oils for colds for many of my family members and I am so grateful for the relief they provide.
There are many essential oils for colds and flu. They all have good properties and many benefits but it can be overwhelming trying to decide which essential oils to use. We have tried many of the essential oils to help with our colds and these are the ones we like the most.
Top 6 Essential Oils for Colds and Flu:
- Digest Ease – Comparable to DoTerra’s DigestZen & Young Living’s Di-Gize Blend, the Digest Ease synergy blend helps to ease stomach discomfort and relieve nausea. It is a soothing mix of Anise Star, Caraway, Coriander, Fennel, Ginger, Peppermint and Tarragon.
- Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus essential oil allows for deep breathing and help you focus and have a feeling of well being. Eucalyptus can work as a decongestant and it helps ease colds and viruses. Eucalyptus essential oil is highly prized in cleaning products and fighting the spread of germs.
- Fighting Five– Comparable to Young Living’s Thieves & DoTerra’s ON GUARD blend, Fighting Five synergy blend defends your health and helps to fight off illness. It contains the most aggressively powerful essential oils of all time. Clove, Cinnamon, Rosemary, Lemon and Eucalyptus These essential oils work together to boost the immune system while fightingto airborne bacteria and germs.
- Immunity– Immunity is a soothing mixture of the best essential oils to boost the immune system, fight congestion, and ease coughs and fevers. Immunity is a synergy blend of Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lemon, Rosemary, Sweet Orange and Tea Tree.
- Respiratory Ease – This synergy blend of Cardamom, Hyssop, Juniper Berry and Rosemary helps to relieve coughing fits or spasms. It helps promote clear breathing. I also recommend Exhale and Breath Easier synergy blends to help relieve congestion.
- Sleep Ease – The essential oils in Sleep Ease synergy blend help you fall asleep and stay asleep. Sleep is so important when you are sick but sometimes sleep just doesn’t come. With this blend you can get the sleep you need and feel better soon. Sleep Ease is a blend of Camphor, Chamomile, Coriander, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Rose, Rosewood, Palmarosa and Ylang Ylang. See my post to see why I also love Good Night essential oil blend.
Get COLD & FLU Essential Oil Set for only $30.94 including shipping!
If you want to know why I believe Eden’s Gardens Essential Oils are the best quality for the value and other ways I use them to improve my family’s health, see my post here.
You can see all of the Eden’s Garden’s Essential Oils here.
Here are all of Eden’s Garden Essential Oils for Colds and Allergies that I love:
*Frugal Mom of 8 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.